Junior Digital Designer
Sweaty Betty delivers the perfect fusion of fitness, functionality and fashion what we like to call beautiful technical. We design product that goes beyond the gym or studio, an authentic London-cool outlook on style, and a culture that recognises it’s all good fun we exercise to look and feel good (not necessarily to find enlightenment), and know that the best workouts are shared with good friends and are followed by a glass of wine or cake (or both).
Founded by our Creative Director, Tamara Hill-Norton, in 1998 in Londons Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty now has over 44 stores in the UK and 8 (and counting) in the US. We are poised for explosive growth in the US over the next five years and there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Sweaty Betty is growing exponentially. There has never been a more exciting time to join us. Our people are our most important asset. Every employee is chosen for their passion and capabilities, for their desire to push boundaries, and of course for their love of living the Sweaty Betty lifestyle. We ensure that every person that comes on board is as passionate about our values and beliefs as we all are.
What You’ll Be Doing
You are a passionate designer, able to create inspiring and innovative digital creative. A creative thinker, you love what you do and have a keen eye for detail. You will be sitting in our inspirational design team of 6, reporting to Lead Digital Designer, you will play a key role in bringing the Sweaty Betty brand to life through digital marketing campaigns. Supporting both UK and US markets you will collaborate with the eCommerce and marketing teams to ensure we maintain our brand identity, unique sense of style and personality.
You journey will include:
- Assist the Lead Digital Designer with weekly site updates including; homepages, content pages and banners.
- Follow brand guidelines and templates to ensure consistency across all assets.
- Ensuring assets will be displayed correctly on multiple devices.
- Work with the CRM and Digital Marketing Teams to create engaging designs for email and affiliate banners.
- Collaborate with the Content Team to produce digital assets for the blog and social media channels.
- Contribute to weekly creative meetings bringing exciting, original ideas.
- Follow seasonal design guidelines and support the team through season launches.
You are pro-active and love working as part of team and thrive in a busy, evolving retail environment. You’re a person who wants to develop your skills and grow in your role and team. You approach tasks and projects with a positive attitude and love thinking out-of-box with your creative vision.
- 6-12 months digital design experience, preferably in fashion retail.
- Ideally a BA in a relevant art, design or interactive degree
- Mac literate with excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- A real interest in digital trends, design and best practices
- Knowledge of HTML and responsive web design are an advantage.
- Good time management skills, being able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of digital production processes
- Presentation skills, excellent communication and collaborative working in a team.
- Proven understanding of typography, layout, consistency and grid structures
- Adopts an active lifestyle the best they can and a true ambassador for the Sweaty Betty brand.
Company bonus scheme, generous clothing allowance, 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise, lots of exercise classes, sample sales, cycle to work scheme … and lots more.
Sweaty Betty Ltd