Head of Brand
Setting The Scene
Sweaty Betty was born in Notting Hill, London in 1998 after our founder Tamara spotted a gap in the activewear market for women who wanted to look good and work out. Teaming up with her husband Simon, they embarked on a mission to create beautiful clothes for women who lead active lifestyles. We now have over 60 shops from London to San Francisco, filled with our signature bum-sculpting leggings, beautiful prints and studio to street pieces.
The Head of Brand and Creative will bring together and lead the Global Brand, Creative Services, Visual Merchandising and Store Design teams. Reporting to the SVP, Brand this role is instrumental in the delivery of our inspirational and high impact brand campaigns with inspiring and engaging visuals and tone of voice across all territories and channels.
What You’ll Be Doing
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It's Personal. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
The Head of Brand and Creative will have responsibility for planning and delivering the global campaign calendar and working closely with our Chief Creative Officer to produce seasonal & brand assets including photography, video, copy and content. A digital guru, you are obsessed with Instagram and you understand how to engage customers through mobile marketing. You are super creative and think digital first, but are also a natural project manager who loves to maintain processes. You will lead by example and inspire teams to push boundaries with creative and voice, whilst always staying true to our brand. The Head of Brand and Creative will work closely with the Head of Performance marketing to align brand with performance and together share learnings to the wider business and Ops board to influence business strategy. Your mission is to help raise our brand profile globally with engaging, aspirational, pioneering content. You will directly manage 4 managers with a total wider team of 14
Your responsibilities will include:
Strategy, planning and reporting
- Strategic planning of global brand campaigns and content execution to maximise ROI whilst maintaining a consistent brand image and messaging
- Partner with the Head of Product to ensure our product strategy is supported through engaging messages and storytelling
- Lead Global Marketing Preview meetings, including; structure, content and approval process with all areas of the Marketing team and executive stakeholders
- Partner with VP, Ecommerce and Head of Performance Marketing to lead and elevate the digital content strategy to enhance the omni channel experience and online Brand presence. Be the key leader in bringing relevant areas of the business to drive this strategy.
- Working closely with local marketing teams to ensure content plan is relevant and impactful
- Guardian of the brand across all channels to ensure SB is consistently presented in line with its strategy and customer proposition. Management of a Senior Brand Manager in overseeing tone of voice and copy execution across all channels and markets
- An expert on our brand ‘triangle’ you will be responsible for educating our internal teams to and ensure they understand the brand DNA fully
- Give direction and leadership to Creative Services team to ensure creative outputs are following the brand guidelines. Direct management of the Senior Creative Manager in order to achieve this
- Lead the Visual Merchandising team to ensure execution of brand campaigns and delivery of support to the retail and product strategies. Work with the Senior Visual Manager on visual merchandising strategy to ensure it is executed cohesively with other Brand messages
- Overall responsibility of Brand guidelines and all internal brand collateral across store design, visual merchandising, social media and online content
- Ownership of all customer communication and content whether online or offline
- Work closely with our Chief Creative Officer and SVP, Brand to create and deliver mood boards and inspiration for campaign shoots
- Manage the delivery of the assets through the management of the brand team including Senior Brand Manager and our Shoot Producer. Including; direction of model selection and location sourcing
- Lead the creative direction on web shoots and adhoc shoots in absence of CCO or SVP, Brand
- Overall responsibility for our social presence and social content strategy in all platforms and markets
This role will also represent Brand and Marketing at weekly trade meetings and at an Operational Board level as and when required.
What You’ll Have
We are looking for an experienced Head of Brand, with at least 7+ years’ experience in fashion retail or consumer brands, ideally. You are a born leader and a natural at managing big teams and juggling priorities. You appreciate the fast paced nature of retail and take a calm, considered approach to challenges. A person who understands that partnering with stakeholders is the best approach to achieve results and deliver an effective, lasting collaborative message.
As a Sweaty Betty Ambassador, you will live and breathe the lifestyle at all times. A digital native, obsessed with social media, you are naturally creative, fiercely commercial and ambitious.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
- Sample sales
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Childcare Support
- Discounts to the best Studio Classes
- Quarterly Support Office Parties
- 23 Days statutory holiday, with buy and sell holiday option