HR & Payroll Manager
Setting The Scene
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It's Personal. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty was born in Notting Hill, London in 1998 after our founder Tamara spotted a gap in the activewear market for women who wanted to look good and work out. Teaming up with her husband Simon, they embarked on a mission to create beautiful clothes for women who lead active lifestyles. We now have over 60 shops from London to San Francisco, filled with our signature bum-sculpting leggings, beautiful prints and studio to street pieces.
Our People Team, are looking for a fantastic, driven individual to safeguard all our Payroll and Benefits procedures.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the Senior People Manager and sitting within the wider People Team of 7, you will be responsible for managing the employee lifecycle, including the accurate and timely payroll service, ensuring all employee information is entered and processed within strict deadlines. Responsibilities will include;
- Processing monthly payroll using ADP, including (but not limited to) entering new starter information, pay changes, reviewing timesheets and bonuses. Ensuring all payments are made in a timely and accurate manner, and in accordance with tax and other regulations.
- Maintaining the UK Payroll system, ADP, ensuring it is consistently up to date and accurate.
- Managing all year end submissions such as P60s, P11Ds, P11D(b) and PSA submissions
- Oversee the accurate payment of taxes to HMRC in line with prescribed deadlines
- Builds relationships and works seamlessly with the UK People team, retail managers and Finance
- Managing the administration of staff benefits i.e. Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, Buying/Selling of holiday, Child Care Vouchers and private medical plans.
- Working closely with our pension provider to oversee and manage all pension auto enrolment
- Manage all communication around benefits.
With the assistance of the People Apprentice, manage the employee Lifecycle administration including;
- Drafting of offer letters, employment contracts, collating New Hire paperwork, setting up employees with clothing allowance and other benefits listed above.
- Drafting changes of contracts and correspondence related to sick pay, maternity pay or other communication regarding employee life events.
- Management of the salary review process including; collation of proposals, reconciliation against budget, confirmation letters and payroll process.
- Draft leaver letters as and when required and send monthly exit interview emails to leavers.
- Provide payroll reports for senior management
- Is able to report on KPIs such as employee turnover and absences
- Understands and is able to implement reports around key legislation such a gender pay reporting
- Ad hoc reporting as required
Generalist People Support
- Working with the Senior People Manager to provide generalist HR support and advice as required
- Support the Senior People Manager and/or VP, People on projects as required
- Undertake regular store visits to support retail teams
What You’ll Have
- At least one year’s experience as a HR or Payroll Manager level
- Current, working knowledge on relevant HRMC information
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excel expert
- Generalist HR background
- Must have worked in a fast paced environment, preferably retail
- Adopts and enjoys an active lifestyle, as much as possible
You are a proactive, positive person, who takes great pride in their work. You can constantly prioritise and thrives in an evolving business. You are strong communicator, who enjoys speaking with all levels of the organisation. You are always willing to help and guide others on all important Payroll & Benefit information
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
- Sample sales
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Childcare Support
- Discounts to the best Studio Classes
- Quarterly Support Office Parties
- 23 Days statutory holiday, with buy and sell holiday option