Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It's Personal. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty was born in Notting Hill, London in 1998 after our founder Tamara spotted a gap in the activewear market for women who wanted to look good and work out. Teaming up with her husband Simon, they embarked on a mission to create beautiful clothes for women who lead active lifestyles. We now have over 60 shops from London to San Francisco, filled with our signature bum-sculpting leggings, beautiful prints and studio to street pieces. We believe in balance, we’re the first on the Pilates mat and the last on the dancefloor.
This is an opportunity for someone looking for their first step as a Garment Technologist. You will be sitting in the talented, Garment Tech team of 5. You will report directly into the Senior Garment Manager. You will work closely across all the Product department including, Buying, Design, Merchandising and Customer Care specialising in lingerie, swimwear and jersey base layers. Our mission is to ensure that all products, are beautifully fitted, and adhere to the highest quality standards. Infusing beautiful technical design, high performance fabrics and a fabulous look that our customers love.
- Work with Design on the development of new products across Sweat Betty’s multi product ranges, this includes Lingerie, Swimwear, Socks. Vests and Long sleeve base layers including seamless, from time to time there will be multi product areas to cover.
- Must have the ability to create first specifications at the beginning of each season to achieve the perfect fit and aesthetics on the initial proto samples from design through to graded specifications into production.
- Managing the fit and Quality of your own product category of achieving the highest fit and quality standard for Sweaty Betty’s ranges.
- Manage and own the fit process from proto stage through to sealing stage and production approvals, taking the critical path into consideration, this involves graded specs, approval of test reports and shipment samples.
- Take ownership of your product areas these would include Jersey, Knitwear, Accessories and multi products, including seamless. Take ownership of your own fit session weekly every Tuesday and Thursday with Buying and Design. Send clear and concise comments to the factories, no later than 2 working days after the fit session.
- Attend weekly critical path meetings with Buying, Design and Merchandising, highlighting potential risk areas and work with other teams to find solutions to hit delivery dates.
- Manage the wearer trial process to ensure that all products perform at a very high level and are fully functional for the intended end use.
- An understanding of textiles reports would be beneficial as you will be managing the seasonal testing process for all your products to ensure all fabrics and trims have been tested according to Sweaty Betty’s required standards and passed the tests.
- Ensure the care labelling of all products meet the legal regulations in all of the countries that Sweaty Betty trades in.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and stores through visits and meetings.
- Undertake presentations on technical subjects to the rest of the business and suppliers as and when needed.
- Support the Directors and Chief Product Officer on new initiatives to continuously improve the quality, branding and fit of products.
- Some foreign and UK Travel may be required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical role, in a similar fashion business
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Microsoft Office,
- Knowledge of construction, manufacturing and variety of fabrics and dyeing processes.
- Excellent communication skills are required as liaison with agents, suppliers and internal departments will be required on a day to day basis to ensure that timely deliveries are met.
- A person with a strong background in women’s lingerie, swimwear, seamless, base layers and garment technology.
- Experience with sportswear preferable
- Confident with fit and a good understanding of garment construction.
Generous clothing allowance
50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise
Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
Cycle to work scheme
Company bonus scheme
Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
Discounts to the best Studio Classes
Quarterly Support Office Parties
23 Days statutory holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
Sweaty Betty Ltd