Assistant Management Accountant (Part Qualified)
Setting The Scene
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It's Personal. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty was born in Notting Hill, London in 1998 after our founder Tamara spotted a gap in the activewear market for women who wanted to look good and work out. Teaming up with her husband Simon, they embarked on a mission to create beautiful clothes for women who lead active lifestyles. We now have over 60 shops from London to San Francisco, filled with our signature bum-sculpting leggings, beautiful prints and studio to street pieces.
We are looking for a part qualified accountant, ideally with retail experience, to join our growing finance team of 12. Our ideal candidate will close from qualifying (6-8 months) and on track for a Management Accountant position.
Reporting into the Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the delivery of a complete management accounting service, including assisting in the production of timely, accurate and relevant financial information for management and statutory accounts purposes.
This role will be a key part within in our finance team, contributing to providing an effective financial support function; focusing on providing reliable, accurate financial information of good quality to all key internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your journey will include;
- The accurate production of monthly management and financial accounts in accordance with the corporate timetables, including the income statement, the balance sheet and cash flow analysis
- Overall responsibility for US management accounts – experience in dealing with foreign currencies is desirable.
- Marketing reporting including monthly budget holder reviews for all UK overhead departments
- Prepare and own the balance sheet reconciliations across the Group entities
- Ensure that the annual audit information is completed on time and any agreed actions are fully implemented
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register and quarterly CAPEX reporting
- Support finance assistant with their work and studies
- Responsibility for the intercompany accounts
- Group reporting and multi-currency consolidations
- Group cashflow preparation
- National statistics surveys
- Other ad hoc duties
What You’ll Have
- Be part qualified (ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Be well organised, analytical and confident in relaying financial information
- Be willing to grow along with the finance function and the growing business of Sweaty Betty
- Be a committed team player who can work effectively, to tight deadlines
- Have experience of working in a retail or consumer sector management accounts function
- Multi-site reporting experience
- Experience in Sage 200 preferable
You are quick to learn with a fine attention to detail and love to be organised and adaptable to business needs. You are able to manage your time effectively and work efficiently. A proactive, self-starter, you are happy to use your own initiative and take ownership of the role, and are always willing to help the team deliver on their and your own objectives. You are confident building strong relationships at all levels both within and outside of the organisation. You are also very keen to progress and take on responsibility, learning and developing as the company grows. Most importantly you live an active life and love our brand as much as we do and will be ready to join us at Fight Klub on Fridays!
Generous clothing allowance
50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise, all year
Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
Cycle to work scheme
Company bonus scheme
Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
Discounts to the best Studio Classes
Quarterly Support Office Parties
23 Days statutory holiday, with buy and sell holiday option