Accounts Payable & Receivable Assistant
Our Values: Well + Fit = Happy. It's Personal. Rebellious Spirit. Bordering on Obsessive. Green Juice & Cocktails.
Sweaty Betty was born in Notting Hill, London in 1998 after our founder Tamara spotted a gap in the activewear market for women who wanted to look good and work out. Teaming up with her husband Simon, they embarked on a mission to create beautiful clothes for women who lead active lifestyles. We now have over 60 shops from London to San Francisco, filled with our signature bum-sculpting leggings, beautiful prints and studio to street pieces.
What You’ll Be Doing
We are looking for a motivated Accounts Payable & Receivable Assistant to join our dynamic Finance Team who is keen to learn and help drive the Accounts Payable team of 4 forward.
Reporting to the Senior Accounts Payable & Receivable Assistant and sitting in a wider team of 12, this is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to make a real difference in a growing team, support our international success and develop their career.
Your journey will include:
- Supporting the Senior AP & AR Assistant with the following:
- The US invoice process, credit cards and expenses, ensuring the policies are adhered to, including authorisation and supported by valid receipts before processing
- Responsible for ensuring all stores petty cash receipts are received and posted on a monthly basis
- Wholesale invoicing
- Stock purchases
- Responsible for ensuring US stores petty cash receipts are received and posted on a monthly basis
- Reconciliations of supplier and wholesale accounts
- Setting up new suppliers/checking bank details, dealing with queries and building relationships with key suppliers
- Weekly BACS payment runs and CHAPs payments
- Posting and allocating payments from the bank statements including i.e. direct debits, standing orders etc
- Assisting with month end duties
- General filing
- Other ad hoc duties as required
You are a people person who thrives working with a fabulous team, getting stuck into detail and implementing change. A proactive self-starter, you are happy to use your own initiative, be accountable for your role, and are always willing to help the team deliver on their and your own objectives. You appreciate the busy nature of retail and how it constantly evolves, thriving under pressure and possessing the ability to reprioritise your workload and tasks in line with business needs.
Generous clothing allowance
50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise, all year
Free exercise classes in our on-site studio
Cycle to work scheme
Company bonus scheme
Flexi hour scheme, including 4pm Friday finish
Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
Discounts to the best Studio Classes
Quarterly Support Office Parties
23 Days statutory holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
Sweaty Betty Ltd